Thursday 9 October 2014

Time to relax!

No early rising for me!

Today is a rest day... of sorts. It's a rest from running anyway, with 19.5miles in the bag so far this week. However, I will be going swimming this evening, which may go some way to help stretch out those muscles... yesterday mornings run was hard work indeed!

As swimming is today's excercise of choice, I thought I should share how swimming can help;

- Swimming can help you develop your breathing technique (unless you're like me and have a tendency to breath in the water...  not good!)
- It helps to build upper body strength, which will assist in balance when running
- It increases flexibility in your ankles through kicking and helps to stretch your tendons and ligaments.

So, all in all, swimming is a win!


No comments:

Post a Comment