Saturday 18 October 2014

Motivation... I will go for a run, I will go!

I have to be honest, this week has not been a good one, my motivation to train has taken a battering and I have been left feeling annoyed with myself.

Life is currently a juggling act, but at the same time I am dealing with disorganisation and a lack of personal space.



I am a full time manager for an undisclosed charity, which can at times be hard work and emotionally draining. I am currently at University studying at the weekends, which sometimes brings with it assignments to complete and tests to revise for mid week. My partner has his daughter at the weekends, and although I have weekend commitments, it is still important that I spend some time with her in order to maintain our friendship. We are currently living in a spareroom in my partners parents house, whilst we wait for our new flat to be ready.

It sounds like I am complaining... I'm not, life is good! I love my partner, I have a good job and my University course will hopefully bring about a massive career change, BUT... all this gets in the way of training... and training keeps me 'sane', it helps me, in a strange way, to manage all of the chaos.

So today I have been thinking about how to maintain motivation when life gets in the way...

I used to be somewhat larger than what I currenltly am, only by 2 stone, but 2 stone on someone who is only 5ft3 shows a bit. One of the best ways in which I lost the weight was to record everything, so in addition to this blog, which is certainly helping me to get my thoughts about my training out there, I am also going to start keeping a planner to record my fitness and food.

I have just purchased this one... 



There are so many on the market! I did look at one just for running, but I would like to record the other things that I do. I would also like to start recording what I am eating, because in the last couple of months I have slipped back into old habits! 

After an hour trawling the internet I found this, it's simple and flexible for different types of excercise... and it makes me record the water I am drinking, which I have to admit that I am not always on top of my hydration. I realise that it says 2014 on the cover, but the inside does not have dates and so far into the year, with a distance to go yet until 2015, I think this will have to do.

When looking through pages on the internet regarding 'fitness motivation tips', I came across a tip that stated, 'Do not beat yourself up!' The general jist of it was that life is hard, you are busy, other responsibilities get in the way. If every blue moon you feel like you need a break then have one, don't rip yourself apart over it, it's ok. I liked this, it made me feel slightly better about this week and I am now looking forward to getting back on top next week.

...and I cannot wait for my new fitness friend to arrive in the post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment