Wednesday 29 October 2014

A change of plan is needed!

After my training last week, I have come to the realisation that I need a slight alteration. Historically I have done my big run on a Saturday, this is mainly due to the fact that, like most people, I do not want to do anything on a Sunday. As mentioned earlier, I am at University every Saturday until 13th December, this means that for the moment I have absolutely no choice but to run on a Sunday... whah!

I was, up until this week, doing my big run on a Sunday and then doing a 5k on a Monday morning, followed by a session in the gym Monday evening... I now see that this is absolutely ridiculous! 

This week the plan has changed. I did my big run on Sunday as usual (see previous post) then took Monday off to rest. I then went for my short run yesterday...


Much better! I was feeling very sluggish on Monday mornings, my legs were tired and achy, and it had a knock on effect on my energy for the rest of the week. I will continue with this pattern until I finish Uni and can start training on a Saturday again.

I went to the gym yesterday, so I best share that with you too! First of all, here is me at the gym... just for evidence sake, it's a gym selfie.


It was upper body yesterday so I started off on a cardio machine that I have absolutely no idea what it is called... I shall call it 'the rotatey army thingy-me-bob!'


From this I went on to the rower, for extra arm cardio...



I did 5 minutes on each, so 10 minutes arm cardio in total; as I had ran in the morning I didn't need to do much cardio at all.
After my stretch out I decided that, rather than using the resistance machines, I would use free weights to do a mixture of chest, back, shoulder, bicep and tricep excercises. 



I then followed this with some core, as I always finish with core. There were; weighted sit ups...


crunches, Russian twists, planks, leg raises and side planks, all mixed together!

To end the evening, I met my boy and off we went round to Mike and Allies house for a beautiful meal and time spent with friends. There should have been desert, but Pete left this at home... doh! It's probably a good thing though, I know I am burning more at the moment, but that is no excuse to eat rubbish!

No comments:

Post a Comment