Monday 3 November 2014

To much to do, not enough time to do it!

This weekend has been chaotic, but we have survived it! It has meant that there has been no training though so today is all about the things that get in the way of training... well, I say 'get in the way', it was ALL worth it. 

As Friday was Halloween, I think I should start there. The local folk had gone all out this year and there seemed to be some kind of Pumpkin-off going on. Here are just a few of what we saw...




My boy has a daughter called Cali, I'm not quite sure if I have made reference to her before?! She has not long since turned 3 and is so much like her father it is frightening! In addition to being very much like him, she also absolutely adores him and never wants to be far from him, she is very much about Daddy.

We decided to take Cali Trick or Treating as this is probably the first year that she has any idea what's going on. She was dressed as a tiny witch and all the houses we went to thought she was that cute they gave her extra sweeties. This of course meant more to share with me and Daddy... she's 3yrs old, she is most certainly not allowed all those sweeties!


We were teaching her all the rights and wrongs about Trick or Treating. Unlike the other children, who were knocking on every door, we taught Cali that you should only knock on doors that are advertising Halloween. This turned into a game itself, where it was who could spot the pumpkin in the window. She had an awesome time and was very well behaved. She came out with the best comment of the night which was, 'Daddy you are so big! You are bigger than all of the houses and the sky!' I suppose from her perspective, being low down, this was probably true!

The next day I had to be up early for my 9 hour stretch at University. It was a good day in all, we were learning about providing support to witnesses and victims and I got 100% on my resit... I'd actually found time to revise this time! I was however on edge all day as I knew that Pete had gone to pick up the keys to our new flat... I was far too excited to concentrate!


I did feel a bit guilty, as the boy was having to load up all our things ready to deliver to the new place in the morning and I was unable to help. Cali managed to find a little friend of mine, who I thought I had lost when everything went into storage last time!


Luckily for me it wasn't a heavy day at University and we got through the material quick, which meant I got to get away early. Unfortunately Pete was taking Cali home by the time my train got in, but it was all good, it meant I got to sit and have a coffee whilst I waited.


This brings me to yesterday... the big move! As we have moved right into the town centre, we had to make sure we got up early so we could park the van in the pedestrianised zone, before the pedestrians actually turned up to go shopping!

We were 4 strong, Me, the boy, his dad (Jon) and brother (Nicolas) and as it was a 'workmans' day, I got them all McDonalds for breakfast. Shhh... I know this is bad! As you can see, Jon was not happy about having his photo taken for the blog...


At least we are in though, finally a space of our own, where there can be quite time and organisation. Well, there will be organisation, as soon as we sort this lot out!


...but is ok as I have today and tomorrow off work to sort my life out and get running, with a run scheduled in for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment