Monday 10 November 2014

Feeling lost and lazy!

This weekend as been a tough weekend of no scheduled excercise. This has been in order to rest my leg so that a minor injury to my LT Band does not become something more chronic.

The funny thing is that because I fill my weeks with so much running and excercise, when it comes to a time of rest I generally don't know what to do with myself?! 

As I have no excercise schedule, no running mishaps to report, I will fill you in on what I did do this weekend...

Luckily for me some friends were off out in London on Saturday night so we joined them for a night at Hydra. 


It turns out that it was a tough old day! I was up at 5am to get ready for and get to University. I spent 8 Hours at University, which for me currently is in Coventry. I then had to get the train home, do a quick change, then figure out how to get to the capital.

Interestingly my friends, in true Northern style, felt that because I am living south of Manchester, that I must be close to London. This could not be further from the truth!

The cheapest option for us was to get the train to Oxford (this takes 20mins) then jump on the 24 hour Oxford tube bus to London (this takes almost 2hrs) but is only £15 each for a return ticket. We made it into the capital for 10pm, then had to figure out where on earth we were and what line on the tube we needed, to get wherever it was we need to be?! 


It's a good job I had the boy with me, he knows his way round better than me. If I am honest I try to avoid having to go to London, I have only ever had negative experiences of rude, pushy people. Pete reckons that he will change my mind about the place and keeps promising to show me the sights.

After meeting friends at a place called the Somerstown Coffee House close to Camden, we all jumped in a cab to the Tobacco Docks.


It was a great night! I have to be honest, I have been really missing my friends from up North so it was really lovely to see them. I have not done a club night in a long time either, think I might be getting too old to be out all night these days (haha!)

We spent 5hrs dancing!! I suppose that kind of means that my weekend of no exercise became a dance-a-thon! It didn't end there either! As we had chosen to take the tube bus, we needed to get back to Victoria Station in order to get home. This was over an hours walk because the underground was closed at 5:30am!

It was a nice thing however, this Sunday morning just so happened to be Rememberance Sunday and we had to walk past the Tower of London; we got to see a beautiful site, so early in the morning and with hardly any tourists around.



This is 888,246 ceramic poppies,that have been placed in the ground, all around the tower to remember our fallen heroes... it was breath taking!

Also along our route we saw Nelsons Column, the memorial for the great fire of London and Buckingham Palace. Now, considering that I have never seen Buckingham Palace before, you would expect that I would have stopped and had a tourist moment... no! At that point I had been walking for an hour, after dancing for 5 hours... I could not have cared less, I wanted to go home!

My feelings around this made me a little sad, so the boy and I have decided to go back and do it properly next time and because the thing that puts me off going into the capital is tourists and being pushed about, we are going to do it in the early hours, on bikes, with a packed supper and a flask of hot tea! Might even hire some 'Boris' bikes eh? Be proper tourists like!

No comments:

Post a Comment