Wednesday 12 November 2014

Back in the swing of things!

Following the disappointment of last week, with my knee flaring up, I am back on track!

The main aim of this week was to do strengthening excercises at the gym, as this is something which I have been neglecting, no wonder I ended up injured! The gym isn't much fun, but it is essential to build up strength to become a better runner.

What makes it harder is that I miss my old gym in Manchester and the friends I made there. I have found it hard to settle into a new gym down here. I did find one that I liked in Oxford, but since moving to Banbury it's slim pickings! There is Banatines (or whatever it is called) but in my opinion, any gym that has somewhere to 'lunch', you are able to 'sit' by the pool and has actual spa staff, is not a gym at all! I like a sweaty gym, with circuit training. If I want to do a Zumba class I'll get myself to a community centre!

I have opted, for the time being, for the leisure centre, due to my swimming lessons, it's still not what I am looking for in a gym, but it will do.


There is an alternative, there is a boxing gym and I am looking to join there in the new year so I can take boxing classes, but that will come later.

I have also been on two runs this week. The first one I did with Pete and kept the pace slow through fear of injury...


The second run was this morning and although I did not feel that I was running any different than my usual pace, I was seemingly on fire...


There will be swimming tonight after work and hopefully another run in the morning, but for now it's time to get myself together, get on the train and spend a day in the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment