Tuesday 25 November 2014

It's all come to a sudden halt, but there is a deadline looming

Sorry for the lack of interaction on the fitness front, it turns out that I am actually quite unwell. Although I am starting to feel a little better, I still have a weazey chest and am coughing up a lot of horribleness... nice! There is a possibility that a visit to the doctors is a must as I may have a chest infection.

I did attempt the gym the other morning, but only managed half hour and now my body is aching more than ever... which just is not normal for me, I am certainly struggling to repair. The problem is that my first event for the People Like Me charity is less than 2 weeks away!

In addition to this the temperature has dropped. I woke up this morning to temperatures of -2 and the first thing that came to mind was the icy water of the Grim Challenge. 


That in all honesty is the thing which I am looking forward to the least. I have ran further than 8 miles in the past so the distance does not bother me. I have had to crawl through mud in the past, this again does not bother me. Plunging into ice cold water on a December morning... bhah! 

I suppose that if I can take on the challenge of the dreaded Arctic Enema of Tough Mudder fame, then this should be a doddle?! 


Either way it is the thing that I am currently not raving about and have my fingers crossed that I do not end up in hospital with both a severe chest infection and hyperthermia!

In my attempt to shrug this off, I have purchased Guardians of the Galaxy to cheer myself up and I will be wrapped in the comforting, healing arms of my boy, whilst eating my favourite snack of Marmite on bagels.


No comments:

Post a Comment