Friday 5 December 2014

Medals or t-shirts?

So... it's 2 sleeps until Grim Challenge!

I am feeling much better, still a bit chesty, but at least I am not running hot and cold whilst struggling to breathe. The down side to me getting ill a few weeks before the challenge is that inevitably I have passed this to Pete and he isn't as good at the moment, but he is man, he can handle it surely?!

I have to say that I got a little bit excited when these turned up...


I suppose it means that we are ready to go? Bring on Sunday!

I was however a little gutted to find out that we do not get a medal. I love medals, I have a big collection which I hang up. As this event is the first that my partner has entered too, it made it extra special and I certainly wanted one to commemorate the occasion. Apparently though, according to the organisers, most people hate medals and have said that they would prefer a t-shirt that they can use. Ok, I kind of get the being able to use it part, but if you use it, you probably cannot keep it. I don't know about you, but after a prolonged period of time wearing the same running gear, it gets to a point of no return, with the only place left to put it in the bin! Personally I think the organisers should give you a choice, t-shirt, or medal!

There is not much I can do about it now though, I must except what I do not have to power to change and just get on with it! On a positive note, it does mean that Pete will have to enter another event with me if he is to get his first medal.

In other news; it would appear that the people like me charity are close to reaching their £5,000 target to become registered... yay! Hopefully the sponsorship money that we collect for Grim with hit the target... that's when the real work can begin!

In an attempt to take my mind off wanting to run yesterday, I went out with Pete's Mama, Lucy and his Aunty Rose to a Christmas craft event, where I made a gift cookie jar...


and my own wreath. Well... I say a wreath, it's a star, which I prefer...


I suppose that my next post will inform all about Grim... watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment