Wednesday 18 February 2015

The need for a little music.

Just before Christmas my laptop crashed most epically!


The true horror of this did not hit home until I started to get the feeling that I needed a new running playlist. The boy has taken his laptop and my iPad to Sweden, leaving me without iTunes and the only playlist I have on my phone; it has been like this now for almost 6 weeks. The playlist is from when I completed then Silverstone half last year... most definitely time for a change.

In preparation for a new playlist I have been thinking about what works for me and what doesn't. There are bands that I love, such as Alice in Chains, but as I have come to realise, they are not good for running and bring my pace right down! The bands that seem to work for me the most are; Iron Maiden, ACDC (especially Whole Lotta Rosie) and Rob Zombie. 


I feel that these are my starting point, but not sure where to go from here?! What feels like it could be a good running tune, can turn out to be an epic mistake! I suppose my question is this; what other tunes, based on my preferences, might work for me?

In other news; I managed to complete almost 14 miles this weekend!


Finally got past that half marathon hurdle... although only just! I have to say, the last mile became a mind over matter situation, my mind had to cancel out the aching I could feel in my thigh muscles! Stamina wise I was fine. I could have kept going and going!! Just wish my legs would learn to keep up.

In addition to this my snowboard arrived and I am uber excited about trying it out! As it is 2nd hand I took it for a service and the guy in the shop said that I got an absolute bargin. He could tell that it had barely been used and there was not a thing wrong with it... winner!


Then finally this evening, following almost 2yrs of abuse with bleach to get it white blonde and dealing the the fall out (literally), I had to get my hair cut off! The way I see it thought, is that it always grows back, so that's ok. I am missing the blonde though and feeling just a little too 'normal'


No comments:

Post a Comment