Monday 2 February 2015

No choice but to have a break

Last week I started to complain about the fact that I felt my training had become far too samey and I received a lot of advice from those of you who follow on Google+. What a difference a couple of days make!

I ended up missing my gym session on Thursday due to me having to stay late and do a 12.5hour shift to cover staff sickness. I got home quite late and as I had just got in from work struggled to settle. This had a knock on effect to my Friday morning run, but as some of the advice given was to maybe take a couple of days break, I tried not to beat myself up over this.

Saturday I went Snowboarding and it was then that I started to feel unwell. I don't know what is going on this year, but there have been so many viruses and bugs going round, I can't remember the last time we had a full staff team in. 

Sunday I was due to increase my distance run by another mile. I woke up and although I did not feel the worst I had ever felt, I knew that had I have attempted to run 12 miles, I would have just made myself feel a million times worse!

So that's it, I now have a cold... again! It does not seem to be a particularly bad one yet, but it is enough to give my training schedule a wobble. So this week I will only be doing a couple of 5k runs and will do some strengthening at the gym. I will also probably eat all of the wrong foods... because I do that when I am poorly and to be honest I think it's fair enough!

This isn't a great picture as it was taken through glass, but for amusement purposes, here is me at the snow dome!


No comments:

Post a Comment