Sunday 7 December 2014

We did it!

Yesterday was Grim Challenge day! I have to say that when I first peeped my head out from under the duvet this morning, it was cold, I was tired and we had an hour and 40 minute drive ahead of us; I cannot say I was feeling it at all. Despite this I got up and got the porridge on the go; porridge with blueberrys (or blueblees as Cali calls them) and honey. As the morning progressed I started to feel better so off we went to collect our friend Felix and get ourselves down to Aldershot. As luck would have it the sun started to peep out a little on the way down and the temperature turned out to be quite mild by the time we arrived.




...see, fresh as Daisy's! Obviously that is me on the left, Pete in the middle and Felix on the right.

It was a good run, my chest was awful though as I am still recovering from a sinus infection, couldn't stop coughing by the end of the race! 

Although, as I have just said, it was a good run. If you are experienced in doing bigger challenges then this one may be a little tame, I was expecting more, it certainly does not compare to Tough Mudder or marathon training. 

For Pete and Felix I think it was a great first challenge, they have never done one before and now they have dipped their toes in the water they just want to do bigger an better things. 

I reckon that out of 1361 runners, coming 663 ain't too bad, with a time of 01:24:47. Only just in the top half, but still there!


At the last water mass we had to wade through Pete felt the urge to dunk poor Felix into the water and then (in a massive loser way) we all crossed the finish line holding hands!


After the race, covered in mud and looking like we should be on a slab in the morgue, having dirt pulled from our hair and scrapped from under our fingernails, we went to Buddies dinner for Dr Pepper floats and celebratory junk food



I think that today will be a well deserved rest day, but I may have to make time to wash all of the dirt out of our running gear this evening, as last night I very much did not have the energy!

The official total for how much we raised for the People Like Me charity is not yet in, but it is certainly in the hundreds so this makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment