Monday 12 January 2015

Back to some level of normality!

I feel like I have not posted anything for weeks and that is probably because I haven't! Although I enjoy the festive season it always throws my routine off. Not being in work as much, reduced hours at work too, all resulting in later get ups. We have had the wee one quite a lot over the holidays and I suppose I have placed more importance on spending time with those that are important to me than on myself, which I do not consider to be a bad thing overall.

This does not mean to say that I have not been running, I have, it's just that I have been attempting to squeeze it in amongst all the family get togethers and trips away.
Last week I attempted to do a 9.5 mile run. It was hard work and I could certainly tell that the party season had taken it's toll. So much so that as I approached home and should have branched off to complete my last mile, I actually just ran home, meaning that I only completed 8.5miles. It's ok though, it was a bad run, they are expected and I will not allow them to get me down.


Yesterday Pete left for Sweden, he is working at the Below Zero Ice Driving Experience. Where he will be part of the support team for those who want to spend a day driving Classic Porsche 911's round a frozen lake. 

http://www.belowzeroicedriving.com/#

He will be gone for 7 weeks so this will give me a great opportunity to train hard. I have put a concrete plan in place, a plan which starts today!
I got up early this morning, again it wasn't a great run. It was short, slow and I was fighting against the wind. I got home and had scrambled eggs and peppermint tea. However, I got to work and was asked to travel to another site to cover sickness, this means that I do not have anything with me for lunch as all my healthy food is in the work fridge. Ah well, I will just have to improvise at some point.

There have been other adventures recently. We went to the Forest of Dean for a long weekend and had a long trek along the sculpture trail. Here are some of the pretty things we saw...







No comments:

Post a Comment