Sunday 18 January 2015

Back on track... but with some issues!

This week I have hit my training hard, with only one slip up, which was not my fault... but we'll get to that.

So here is how my training week has been...

Monday
I got up at 04:00 and was off by around 04:30. Monday is one of my shorter runs of the week and therefore you would think a little easier. However, it's normally the first day after my distance run at the weekends so I can be a little stiff. I did 4.31km...


Tuesday
First gym day of the week and it is leg strengthening. I try to keep this early on it the week so as it's not too close to my distance run at the weekend. I tend to do a little cardio to warm up, but as I run so much I do not need to do a lot. Tuesday is certainly more about the weights.

Wednesday
Up and out early again! Not so early on a Wesnesday though, about 05:00, as I work out of an office closer to home... which is nice. Mid week route is a little longer than Monday, but not by much; I did...


Thursday
Thursday is back to the gym time, but on Thursdays I concentrate on upperbody. Oh, I forgot to mention that on both gym days I also do core.

Friday
Ah... this is where it went wrong. Friday should be the same distance as Monday. However, I live in the town center and at 02:00 Friday morning I was awoken by drunk people fighting in the alley behind my flat... lovely! By the time I managed to get back to sleep, I was that tired I must've turned my alarm off. No running for me on Friday as I was far too busy after work.

Saturday
Distance run day! I managed 10 miles on Saturday...


There was however some issues when I returned home. After I had been home for around 20mins, I started to get severe pain in my abdomen, so painful I was doubled over in the kitchen. I went to bed in an attempt to sleep it off, but was not 100% for the rest of the day. I had a brief look online for some answers and found that this is a common problem for distance runners. Apparently, because certain areas of you body need more oxygen and blood whilst running, your body starves other areas of it. In this case my bowels!! It's not a pleasant subject but one that needs to be mentioned. Obviously I am not a Dr so if anyone suffers for the same thing then it's referred to as runners GI. When I have more time I will research this properly and update as there was a lot of advice around diet and things.

Sunday
Lastly, today I went snowboarding. Indoors as there is currently no snow and is never enough even when there is. It was my first time and I absolutely loved It! However, attempting a 3 hour lesson the day after a 10 mile run was probably not the best idea, but I am ok and my legs are working fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment